Seeking Savvy AF Social Media Specialist
- Full time
- Six-month contract with option to extend to permanent placement for right candidate
Are you fluent in hashtags? Do you leave no cheers un-boomeranged? Do you speak only in acronyms that other people need Google to decipher?
We need to talk IRL.
We’re seeking a savvy social media specialist to join our Brisbane office to support our team in delivering award-winning content marketing to a range of tourism clients.
This role is ideal for someone who lives and breathes social media, consumes memes and whose hobbies include stalking online trends even if it means scouring every corner of the internet.
If this sounds like you, read on.
Our savvy social media specialist will thrive off the fast pace of agency life and get thrills from seeing the social media success of their client portfolio.
In this role you will be working directly with a portfolio of tourism clients, executing their social media strategy across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube primarily – but you’ll have your finger on new emerging channels. TikTok, anyone?
You understand not just organic social media but paid too and are competent navigating Facebook Business Manager without a map.
Your job is to increase engagement, generate more leads, create scroll-stopping content for your portfolio of clients – and these metrics will become your measure of success.
Your client’s wins will be your wins – and you’ll get excited every time you move the needle for them. When you do, you can rest assured the whole Media Mortar team (aka your new work family) will bring the pom poms and champagne to celebrate.
You’ll need to be a self-starter, innovative and show initiative. Why? Social media moves faster than quicksand and it waits for no one. You’ll need to stay abreast of trends if you are to achieve more ROI for your client’s month-on-month.
We believe in a test and learn environment – and encourage new ideas, fresh thinking and trialling concepts – so you’ll need to be someone who likes to bring ideas to the table, not wait for instruction.
If you dream big, think big and plan big – you’re going to love this role.
The serious stuff: Your key responsibilities
- Working with the wider team on content marketing strategies, which you will then be responsible for implementing within your own client portfolio.
- Leading the social media for a number of tourism-clients and meeting their respective KPIs month-on-month including managing their content calendar and community management.
- Managing CPC campaigns and lead generation activity via Facebook.
- Reporting your wins including campaign insights, trends and analytics.
- Initiating and innovating improvements to Media Mortar and client content processes.
- Briefing external content (photos, videos, graphic design) where required.
- Rolling up your sleeves on other tasks as directed by your Content Marketing Manager.
- Degree in Marketing, Communications or Media Communications (or similar)
- 2+ years of relevant agency experience
- Proven experience managing social media accounts, in particular paid social media campaigns
- Highly organised and process driven
- Confident communicator – verbally and written
- Hawk-eye attention-to-detail
- A sense of humour – we like to ROFL
- Ability to keep calm under pressure – because, the reality is, social media isn’t always 🌈 and 🦄
A day in the life:
We’re not kidding when we say no two days will be the same. But just so you have a taste-test, it might look like this:
- You’ll arrive to the office, help yourself to a Batch Brew coffee and fire up Asana
- Over your first coffee, log into socials and check on your channels
- Your morning might be spent researching new trends to present to a client later today
- With their approval, you’ll brief new content to be created and watch the engagement soar
- You’ll schedule content via our scheduling tools and meet with your clients to check they are happy with the content
- You prove your success with numbers, running reports and analytics and end the day on a high knowing your content outperformed the competition
- The team will gather around you to celebrate another Media Mortar win
‘cause it’s not all KPIs and metrics:
- Team support – if you have to spend more time at work than you do with your friends and family, you’ll want your work team to be like family. That’s what we are – the work family you’ve always wanted (and needed)
- Salary commensurate to experience – because you can’t pay the bills with followers alone
- Modern office space – freshly fitted out in Bowen Hills by one of Brisbane’s leading building designers
- Travel – when you work in tourism, you get to play tourist, often. A fortnight doesn’t go by without someone’s bag being packed
- Growth opportunities – being a small business, we write our own rules. We grow rapidly. If you don’t believe us – we just set up a Melbourne office.
About Media Mortar:
We are a national content marketing agency, serving the tourism industry content so good, it sells itself. We believe that good storytelling is what drives sales and are passionate advocates that the future of Australian tourism lies in how well we can tell our story. To tell tourism brand’s stories, we use a content marketing cocktail of words, images and videos and serve it to the right audience at the right time. We’ve been creating content and branded stories for tourism clients since 2017. In that time, we’ve been fortunate enough to work with clients including Tourism Australia, Brisbane Airport, Tourism & Events Queensland and Outback Queensland Tourism Association.
If this sounds like you, please apply (or direct any questions) by sending your Cover Letter and CV to Kristy de Git (email@example.com). In your cover letter be sure to let us know your favourite brand social media account/s to follow and why.
** Applications close Wedneday 19 February, 2020 **
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted to proceed to our initial interview round.
Seeking superstar interns
Fun Fact: Even marketing Gods like Seth Godin started somewhere.
Fun(ner) Fact: Every Media Mortar employee completed an internship to kickstart their career.
That’s why we are so committed to fostering the next generation of marketers and ensuring our team benefits from the fresh thinking, ideas and energy of those taking their first marketing steps.
If you’re looking to put what you’re learning at university into practice, you’re invited to apply for a Media Mortar internship.
We advertise for superstar interns, because our interns ARE special. They are committed, eager to learn and ready to roll up their sleeves.
We like to think of our internships as like the mental gymnastics because we want you to leave with more skills than you walked in the door with. That’s our commitment to you.
In return, you have a commitment to us – to think big, contribute ideas and help to tell stories that drive sales.
If, however, you’ve found your way into our corner of the internet just for easy University credit points, there’s a red X in the top corner of your browser with your name written all over it.
No two days will look the same at Media Mortar, but you can expect to:
– Work with a highly supportive and friendly team
– Assist with a broad range of national tourism clients
– Never be bored. In fact, you’ll be given so much variety and activity in the tasks you complete you won’t be counting minutes until the end of the day
To find out what our internship program is like, Rochelle shared her insights over here.
If you’re chosen to join our internship program, you’ll need to be insured as part of your university’s Work Assisted Learning Program (or whatever it is called in your institution). We work closely with Queensland University of Technology, University of Queensland and Griffith University and align with their assessments.
You’ll then join us at our Bowen Hills HQ for the duration of your internship which can be completed in a bulk-program (e.g. two weeks, full time) or one day a week, either in semester time or out of it. Remember, we’re open throughout university holidays too!
All of our internships begin with goal setting, so we know what you’d like to achieve out of your time with us – whether it’s attending meetings, creating a portfolio piece or scheduling social media activity.
At the end of the program, there may be potential for you to join Media Mortar as a full-time employee. And if you don’t believe us, just ask anyone who works here.
For further information and to apply:
Email your Cover Letter + CV to firstname.lastname@example.org