Seeking Content Marketing Manager
- Full time
- Permanent position
- Location: Brisbane
Our content marketing agency is hiring a Content Marketing Manager – a person who can deliver a trifecta of duties, including:
1. Managing our rapidly growing team
2. Providing client management for our wildly successful client portfolio
3. Creating our signature Media Mortar award-winning content marketing service for clients
This role is ideal for someone who lives and breathes content marketing, who is looking for their next step within a fast-paced agency life.
Tell me more …
When we say this person lives and breathes content marketing, we mean it. Content marketing moves quickly, so you can’t afford to stand still or be stale with your content execution.
You’ll know you’re perfect for this role if you’ve worked in agency and/or in-house before and are looking for the next step in your career, which will have you managing a team (not just projects) in an organisation that has clear promotion opportunities.
In this role you will be reporting to our General Manager, Belinda, and work across our full portfolio of Queensland clients, which come from a diverse range of industries including tourism, lifestyle, construction, food and retail.
You will also manage four content / social media specialists and coordinators, who work across our full portfolio of Queensland clients.
The role includes:
- Reviewing the content team’s outputs such as:
- Blog posts
- Scheduled social media posts
- Paid social media campaigns
- Attending client meetings for your own portfolio and those of the staff you manage in a client-facing capacity
- Creating your own client’s content including:
- Writing website copy / blog posts
- Writing, curating and distributing eNewsletters
- Project managing large custom publishing projects (editorial and design) and content shoots, managing both internal team members and a number of subcontractors
- Developing and delivering content marketing strategies
- Creating multi-disciplinary marketing campaigns
What motivates you:
In agency land, no two days will look the same and that’s what excites you. You may be required to bounce between running a large destination marketing organisation’s social media, interviewing a builder for a page on their website, trouble shooting a content problem for a junior team member or responding to a new sales opportunity on behalf of the business – and that’s all before lunch.
To be successful in this role, you must be:
- Initiative driven
- Innovative, always
- Enjoy a fast pace
- Have strong attention to detail
Keep reading on if you are: resilient, responsible and reliable.
Your qualifications & experience at a glance:
- 7+ years agency and or in-house experience in tactical and strategy-level content marketing, working across a range of industries
- You live and breathe content marketing
- You’re highly competent in the following core skills:
• Creating eNewsletters (writing, sending, designing and reporting)
• Writing blog posts and uploading them (WordPress)
• Managing (and community managing) organic social media accounts
• Running paid social media campaigns (Facebook, Instagram, Instastories)
• Writing website copy
- Ideally (but not 100% necessary) you also have the following experience and skills:
• Google Ad Words
• YouTube advertising
• Graphic design
• Video editing
- You’ve managed a team before and are skilled in:
- Delivering feedback
- Prioritising tasks (both yours and theirs)
- You’re experienced in managing multiple clients or projects and their competing needs
- While you can lead a team, you also can be told what to do by senior members of the team (and clients)
- Throughout your career you’ve developed resiliency and bring it to work with you
- You accept and adopt feedback
- You’re capable of identifying opportunities to pitch new work to clients to grow and develop accounts
Don’t ‘fake it til you make’ – you must have:
- 7+ years of relevant agency or in house experience
- Proven experience and portfolio of content marketing projects
- Team management experience
- A track record of being highly organised and process driven
- Hawk-eye attention-to-detail
Why would you want to work here:
We understand leaving a job to join us is a big deal and we know that our ideal candidate is motivated by more than just salary.
- Growth opportunities – being a small business, we write our own rules. We grow rapidly
- Team support – if you have to spend more time at work than you do with your friends and family, you’ll want your work team to be like family. That’s what we are – the work family you’ve always wanted (and needed)
- Modern office space – freshly fitted out in Highgate Hill by one of Brisbane’s leading building designers
- Office dog – cuddles on tap
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
**Applications close Friday 8 October 2021**
Seeking superstar interns
Fun Fact: Even marketing Gods like Seth Godin started somewhere.
Fun(ner) Fact: Every Media Mortar employee completed an internship to kickstart their career.
That’s why we are so committed to fostering the next generation of marketers and ensuring our team benefits from the fresh thinking, ideas and energy of those taking their first marketing steps.
If you’re looking to put what you’re learning at university into practice, you’re invited to apply for a Media Mortar internship.
We advertise for superstar interns, because our interns ARE special. They are committed, eager to learn and ready to roll up their sleeves.
We like to think of our internships as like the mental gymnastics because we want you to leave with more skills than you walked in the door with. That’s our commitment to you.
In return, you have a commitment to us – to think big, contribute ideas and help to tell stories that drive sales.
If, however, you’ve found your way into our corner of the internet just for easy University credit points, there’s a red X in the top corner of your browser with your name written all over it.
No two days will look the same at Media Mortar, but you can expect to:
– Work with a highly supportive and friendly team
– Assist with a broad range of national tourism clients
– Never be bored. In fact, you’ll be given so much variety and activity in the tasks you complete you won’t be counting minutes until the end of the day
To find out what our internship program is like, Rochelle shared her insights over here.
If you’re chosen to join our internship program, you’ll need to be insured as part of your university’s Work Assisted Learning Program (or whatever it is called in your institution). We work closely with Queensland University of Technology, University of Queensland and Griffith University and align with their assessments.
You’ll then join us at our Bowen Hills HQ for the duration of your internship which can be completed in a bulk-program (e.g. two weeks, full time) or one day a week, either in semester time or out of it. Remember, we’re open throughout university holidays too!
All of our internships begin with goal setting, so we know what you’d like to achieve out of your time with us – whether it’s attending meetings, creating a portfolio piece or scheduling social media activity.
At the end of the program, there may be potential for you to join Media Mortar as a full-time employee. And if you don’t believe us, just ask anyone who works here.
For further information and to apply:
Email your Cover Letter + CV to firstname.lastname@example.org